uau done, the last days have been busy.. but we are very happy with the results and with the collaboration of gobi :) this look of clean, big horizontal lines, the electronics location and the 30º angles of the wires are all gobi’s responsibility:p a great work here!!
but as every work-in-progress we faced some problems and best of all we faced some new problems:
-the watering system is complex with many moving parts.
-the connections of the bottles were hard to find a perfect solution. it can’t drop a single drop of water. but is a tremendous tool of data visualization. at a glance you can see how many 1L bottles of water your farm is consuming
-the water pumps demand to much water from the first bottle. we had to place a new one between the first and the second bottle.
-we have notice a watering difference between the first hole and the last one.. this farm has 4 meters long. we added more holes to the ending and made different sized holes but we should understand better what happens here.
-uploading the code to the boards stop to be problematic after we made a cables that shortcuts the radios sockets.
-data upload is working but is so juvenile:) we must work on the alert systems, the architecture of the data flow and the data visualization tool
this refarm is working but we assume that it will take a serious maintenance.
we hope that our recently born “refarmBA group” with the help of cceba can use this new tool has part of their medialab. you guys have a new toy in town :) we hope that you have fun and talk to everyone about it ehehhe
see you soon buenos aires and thanks again judith, all the cceba crew, agus clan, rocio, pablo, oscar, gabi, cyntia, galeria appetite, the ice cream makers:) and all the participants of the refarm workshops.
best to you all,